Sunday, December 26, 2004

Merry Christmas!

I'm finally home, and it's wonderful. We're doing Christmas presents when everyone else gets home from church, so in the meantime I have time to catch up on e-mail, make my laptop stop acting stupid, and go through the skyscraper stacks of mail that came for me in my absence.

I originally started this blog to chronicle my adventures during my London Semester, and as a secondary purpose, to bitch about law school applications. Now that I'm home and I'm accepted to law school, there's nothing left to do, except to list a few of the things I've done over the last four months, in no particular order.

I have attended the opera with the Archbishop of Canterbury.

I have waded knee-deep and barefoot through autumn flood tide in Venice.

I have eaten every meal outside for four days straight in Paris.

I have mastered the art of descending from the top deck of a double-decker bus while the bus is moving.

I have slept on a houseboat in Amsterdam.

I have defied death twice: once by crossing the Place de la Concorde on foot, and once by going shopping on Oxford Street three days before Christmas.

I have visited places I've been reading and dreaming about since I was a little girl.

I have peed in Trafalgar Square.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home