Sunday, December 19, 2004

I'm back from having a fun weekend in Guildford. Laura and I went to Hampton Court Palace (more about that later), wandered around the shops, and met up with her friends at a pub for some drinks. Lots of fun and very nice people all around! I think it's a minor miracle that Laura and I still get along so well and have so much fun together, considering that the last time we spent any significant amounts of time together, we were nine years old and playing in the sandbox. People change a lot in a couple of years, never mind thirteen, so it's pretty amazing and cool that we're still friends! I had a really great time, and Guildford is a very pretty town with a lot of beautiful old houses and a ruined castle, so it's a good place to wander (it's nearly as hilly as Ithaca, though, so I got a bit of a taste of what walking around town would be like if I end up at Cornell).

Unfortunately, I returned home to find that my housemates' luggage, which they had stacked in front of their door (next to mine), is gone, and there's no note anywhere explaining where it's gone. I came home tonight specifically because they told me they'd come to pick it up around midnight tonight.

This is a mystery, and not a good one, because one of two things have happened.

a) They came home early and collected their stuff, which is bad because their laptops were in my (locked) room for safekeeping, so I'll have to figure out how to get them back to Canada safely and if I got the date wrong, they'll be mad at me.

Or

b) our horrible landlady came and took all the stuff away, which I think is the more likely possibility, because other flatmates' stuff is gone too (and why would the girls have taken the boys' stuff if they came to collect their own?). This is good because in that case the landlady didn't get the laptops, but it's bad because I don't know if they'll be able to get their stuff back in time to make their flight home, and the landlady will be pissy about it.

Argh. I don't think this will end well.

Still haven't heard from Duke, either.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home