Friday, December 24, 2004

I'm still in Newark until tomorrow evening, but life is much less stressful right now. The airline put me up in a really nice hotel (Wyndham), with insanely comfortable beds, a huge TV, Aeron chairs, and a nice shower, so after getting clean and getting some sleep (and food), I feel 100% better. I may not have my luggage, but I have essential toiletries, my computer, my iPod, and my antidepressants. Things could suck a whole lot worse right now. In fact, they don't suck at all right now. Sure, I'd like to be home on Christmas Eve, but I'll be home tomorrow night and we'll do Christmas when I get there. My family will be happy to see me, whenever I get there.

Seriously, though, this has reaffirmed my commitment to travel with toiletries and a change of clothes in my carry-on bag. I always do, but the idiots at the check-in counter made me take it out, as I said in yesterday's post. (Other than that minor incident, I have had nothing but the best experiences with Virgin Airlines, and I highly recommend them if they go where you're going.)

Man, this post sounds like nothing but an advertisement for various hotels and airlines, doesn't it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home