Thursday, December 23, 2004

Okay, I lied. I'm not posting this from Cleveland. I'm posting it from Newark, because, well, I'm in Newark (which ranks just above Detroit on armpit-of-the-USA-ness). As you may have guessed, my flight to Cleveland's been cancelled for weather reasons, and I haven't even attempted to get in the customer service line, because there's honestly no point hurrying. Plus, every single person I've talked to here in the last two hours has told me something different, and I've talked to at least twenty people in search of assistance. I'm not getting home tonight, that seems pretty sure. I'm trying not to be too pissed off about it, because my travel mantra over the last four months has been Your Plans Will Change, but the fact remains that I don't even have my toiletries bag with me because upon check-in in London, they made me put it in checked luggage. Apparently flights leaving the UK make sure that each passenger has less than 6 kg of carry-on baggage. Ha, say I. My computer probably weighs more than that (well, not really, but you know). It's all going in the plane in the end, so why do they care what part of the plane it's in?

Anyway. At least this place has internet (which has been my other travel mantra). God, that wireless card I splurged on before my trip has been worth every single penny, and then some.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home