Monday, September 05, 2005

My computer's now fixed and back with me (hurray!), so I can post a bit about school.

I love it here. I really do. All my classes are interesting, even Contracts at 9 AM, all my profs are great, everyone I've met is really nice, and this is a beautiful place to live. It's hard work, of course, but so far at least, it doesn't seem nearly as hard as I'd been warned. We'll see how I feel about that later in the semester, though!

One thing I've noticed is that nobody seems to be doing much socializing outside of class yet. I figured that things would be really active at first and then people would buckle down and start studying more, but it seems to be the opposite here. Everyone's busy getting into the routine, and upperclass students have confirmed that nobody starts feeling free enough to hang out outside class time until three or four weeks in. I'm looking forward to that happening, since so far I don't know anyone very well and there are lots of friendly people I'd like to know better.

I've also started to figure out what kind of activities I'd like to be involved in. As of today, I'm one of the 1L representatives for the Women's Law Coalition, so I'm excited to be doing something constructive about the issues that women in the law still face (law, as a very conservative, "old boys network" type of profession, still has a lot more issues with female equality than one might expect).

All in all, I'm happy.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ian said...

Fucking hell. Begone, spambots!

10:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Kiernan, Ian gave me your blog site, hope you don't mind. Great to hear you are adjusting so well. Take care of yourself. Miss you here.

1:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home