Friday, July 29, 2005

Since it's been so long since my last post (I know, I say that every time), I'll start with good news. The website for my business, Four Paws Photography, is now partially up and running. I have a placeholder page there at the moment, with the full site to come once I've moved, settled in, and had time to learn a bit more HTML. The e-mail on that site works as well... I'm still going to be using my Gmail account for all personal correspondence, but if anybody wants to e-mail me at my business address, they'll be able to.

I last updated around the beginning of June, and since then, Alumni Weekend has happened (successfully, I might add), I've been in and out of town, my mom's had surgery (she's fine now, but I was worried), I've finished my nearly five-year term at Alumni House, and added quite a bit to my Portraits gallery. Not to mention all the preparations I've been making to move, which except for the actual packing are pretty much finished. It's been a busy few weeks.

Five full days left in Canada. I can't believe it's time for me to go already... it's a cliche, but it seems like just yesterday that I first arrived here in Guelph with all my stuff for my residence room and not a clue about what I really wanted to do with my life. I'm sure when I leave Ithaca in three years, I'll feel the same way (although hopefully without the not knowing what to do with my life bit), but it's still weird. Not even counting the people, there's so much here that I'm going to miss (like a sane government, for one).

I may have been born and lived the first 18 years of my life in the United States, but in the truest sense of the phrase, I grew up right here in Canada.

1 Comments:

Blogger Aaron Jacklin said...

I really wanted to make it into Guelph before you left, but can't. Not without losing the job anyway. Take care and update lots!

5:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home