Thursday, September 23, 2004

I'm speed-blogging today, since I have a concert (the London Philharmonia) to attend for music class tonight, and food must be eaten and clothes must be changed before I go. So, on that note:

Ian brings up an excellent point in the chatterbox, which, for posterity, is that different religious buildings have different architectural mandates, so to speak. This is true. However, it is my personal opinion that a good religious building, whatever the religion, should somehow reinforce or support that religion's beliefs in some way. Just for example, mosques have a niche (the mihrab) that indicates the direction of Mecca. The mihrab is often ornately decorated, so that it's the first thing your eye is drawn to, and if you're a devout Muslim, it shows you which way to face during prayer. Maybe not a good example, but as I said, I'm speed-blogging.

I'm going to Dublin next weekend, as I mentioned before, and I just booked tickets to Amsterdam for the weekend after that. The weekend after that is when Ian arrives for his visit, and the weekend after that is when I'm (hopefully; nothing is booked yet) leaving for Paris and perhaps Venice. The semester is rapidly disappearing in terms of travel opportunities, and I haven't even finished my law school applications yet! If I post on Monday that I still haven't, someone yell at me.

I still owe the blog-readers a post on the rest of my Tuesday trip, including the river cruise and what little I saw of Greenwich. That's coming soon, never fear. For now, I just have to get my homework and applications together before I take off for parts unknown.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home