Monday, September 17, 2007

Sorry, sorry, sorry - apparently when I neglect my blog for like three weeks, people actually mind! I was unaware that anyone besides about three people actually read this thing, but apparently I Have Readers and They Are Pissed. So, apologies.

On the bright side, I've been neglecting the blog for good reasons, mainly that work is going really well and consequently keeping me rather busy. The universe also randomly decided to send me the bestest boyfriend ever a couple of weeks ago, so I've been out doing fun things on weekends too, and not spending nearly as much time on the Internet as I generally tend to. This is actually a good thing, although it does interfere with my blogging capabilities.

So basically, my life right now is going incredibly well, and I'm still loving this city and this job. So much, in fact, that I'm seriously thinking about coming right back to it as soon as possible - i.e., graduate law school in May 2008 and just jump right into working full-time (with a brief detour to study for/take the bar, of course). I'm really liking this whole adult-life kind of thing, and I think, as bizarre as this will sound coming from me, that I might well be done with full-time education after this spring. I went to law school because it was something I really wanted to do, and I don't want to fall into the trap of staying in school because I don't feel ready to leave or can't figure out what I want to do with my life. The latter was never going to be the case, but the longer I work full-time, the more I see that maybe I am ready to leave school after all.

That doesn't mean that I've abandoned the idea of a master's degree, though. I've found a program that may actually be a better fit for me than the Cornell one, and it's something I can do while living and working here in Boston (not to mention, WAY cheaper, which is a very big plus considering the amount of money I owe for law school). The Cornell name still carries a lot of weight in this field, so I haven't made my final decision by any means, but at the moment, all the road signs in my life seem to be pointing back toward Boston.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home