Thursday, July 26, 2007

Now that everything's reasonably calm around here, I thought I'd post this for your amusement. A slightly edited version of an e-mail I sent today:

The Top Ten Things That Are Annoying Me Today, In No Particular Order

1. Massive zit on forehead
2. Massive zit on chin
3. Pants that were slightly too tight at beginning of June when purchased are now slightly too loose and edging further into looking-silly territory (this in itself is not a bad thing but still means my meager supply of pants is dwindling)
4. Something wrong with my phone (alerts me when I have voicemail but not when people actually, you know, call)
5. At work - enough said
6. Senior attorney thinks he can just walk into my office when the door is closed to borrow a post-it note and pen (why his secretary is unavailable to provide these, I have no clue), and then walk off with my pen. At least I chewed on it.
7. Boston landlady still being incommunicado
8. Tired of usual lunch options/companions but forgot to bring my own lunch today, necessitating a trip to the other office building's food court in a huge pack of interns
9. Other interns (except for my roommate, she's cool)
10. Not in Boston yet

As it turned out, several items on that list became non-annoying over the course of the day. I don't know what I did to it, but I fiddled around with my phone and now it rings again. I got in touch with my landlady and everything's a go for me to move in on the 12th of August (!!!). All the other interns mysteriously disappeared off to some lunch thing involving lasagna, so I had a nice peaceful lunch alone. Plus, other good things have been happening, which I will not go into detail about here, but suffice it to say I am now looking forward to getting to Boston even more.

I only have six more days at this job, one big project and three small ones to finish up before next Friday, and then I'm done! Heading back to Cleveland on the 3rd after work, hanging out there for a week, and then off to Boston... I'm hoping the weather stays nice and cool like it has been so I can drive George instead of a rental car. I know the rental would be perfectly fine, and in truth, the loading/unloading would probably be easier, what with having a trunk and all (plus, easier on the cats), but dammit, I want to drive my car on such a momentous occasion! We'll see how it goes. Either way, I'll have to start making my driving-to-Boston playlist soon...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home