Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Fortunately, things are much better jobwise today - I think the weirdness yesterday was just due to half the office being on vacation and the general unease of settling into a new job. I got formally introduced to everyone today, and several of us are going on a picnic tomorrow evening to watch Pittsburgh's (reputedly) incredible fireworks display. Plus, I got some more helpful information and was able to finish the assignment I was so unsure about yesterday (no idea if it's what the big cheese really wanted, but it's done!).

So far, everyone in the office seems really nice, and the work's definitely interesting. I don't feel terribly connected to the cases I'm dealing with yet, but I think I'll be able to get a better overall picture as I continue to work here. It'll be nice to have a day off tomorrow, though, so I can sleep in and explore the neighborhood some more.

I also forgot to mention the weirdest thing I saw on my drive down here on Sunday. Somewhere in rural Pennsylvania on Route 22, there is a drive-through strip club. I can't decide if I'm really impressed by American ingenuity, or just plain disturbed.

(Google says it's the world's only drive-through strip club. Apparently, it was auctioned on EBay in 2005. Clearly, whoever bought it was on board with keeping the drive-through concept.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home