Sunday, June 24, 2007

Since I only have six days left in Kingston, I figured I'd better post an update! Since my last Pile Update, I've basically just been working hard to finish up my major projects at work (well, one won't be finished until Thursday unless we hear from the defendants in the meantime about settlement). Last weekend, I drove to Ithaca despite the cancellation of my intended photo shoot, since I had some stuff to take care of at the apartment and wanted to see my friends. It was a great weekend and I had a lot of fun, and now I don't have to leave Pittsburgh by way of Ithaca in August to get stuff done. (Pittsburgh-Ithaca and Ithaca-Cleveland are both 5+ hour drives, whereas Pittsburgh-Cleveland directly is less than two.)

This weekend, I had great luck shopping. I woke up Friday with an inexplicable desire to go shopping, which rarely happens - I like shopping for certain things (books, etc.), but I generally hate clothes shopping since it's near-impossible to find anything that fits me and doesn't make me feel like Jabba the Hutt. I think I have lost a little weight since coming to Kingston, but I'm still in that enviable too-big-for-regular-stores and too-small-for-plus-sizes range, so shopping is generally intensely frustrating. However, I decided to go with the urge and return a pair of pants I'd ordered online a couple of weeks ago (I originally ordered two different sizes, so I needed to return the ones that didn't work out). Upon arriving at the store, I spotted a jacket that matched the pants I was keeping, in my size and on sale for $50.

That. Never. Happens.

Since the jacket was actually cheaper than the pants I was returning, I picked up a new pair of sunglasses as well and left the store with an unexpected addition to my suit wardrobe. Clearly, the Universe was telling me to go shopping! I'll spare you the rest of the shopping details, but I went to the Poughkeepsie mall yesterday and found some other great stuff, so my lucky streak is continuing.

Today I drove up to Woodstock to see the sights, and I highly recommend it as a way to spend a sunny weekend afternoon. Woodstock is adorable - it's what happens when hippies grow up and decide it's OK to have disposable income. I spent about three hours just wandering around the center of town, going in and out of all the little New Age shops and jewelry stores and art galleries, and having a fantastic sandwich in a little cafe (with special bonus Hot Guy at adjoining table). It was a good day.

Tomorrow, back to work for my last week at this job... I'm really going to miss it. I hope the next job is almost as good, but I find it hard to imagine it could equal this one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home