Monday, July 02, 2007


Office
Originally uploaded by kjoliat
Job #2 has thoughtfully provided me with a real office, and it has a computer so I don't have to bring my laptop to work every day. There's a great city view from my windows, and it's nice to have so much space to spread out.

I have to say I feel a little isolated, though, but that might be because a whole bunch of people were out of the office today. Because of that, it's been hard for me to figure out how I feel about this job so far. I was given an assignment this morning, and then left to do it with very little guidance (such as an indication of when it might be due), and since I'm sitting in an office by myself, I have no idea when people come and go. I realized at about 5:10 that it seemed awfully quiet, and a quick look around revealed that everyone had left for the day, except for one very nice attorney who walked me out and told me a little about the office. The general counsel (head attorney, for those of you non-lawyer types) also sat down with me for a while and told me about some of the current major cases we're handling, which was helpful - he's a really nice guy and I can tell I'll like working with him.

So far, though, I kind of feel like they've put me in an office and forgotten about me. Hopefully that will change once people start coming back from their long weekends. I'm pretty independent, but on the first day at a new job, I still like to have some help orienting myself, which I haven't had so far. It's definitely a completely different office culture here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home