Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Stolen shamelessly from Ian:

1) You're stuck inside Fahrenheit 451; which book do you want to burn?
I've never read a book I really hated, but this one godawful romance novel I read in London comes pretty close. I can't even remember the name, I disliked it so much.

2) Have you ever had a crush on a fictional character?
Ford Prefect.

3) What are you currently reading?
I'm almost finished with The Fortress of Solitude, by Jonathan Lethem. Pretty good so far, and very evocative language.

4) The last book you bought was:
It's been so long, I actually can't remember! How sad is that? I wish books were cheaper.

5) The last book you read was:
The Stranger Beside Me, by Ann Rule. I have a weakness for true crime.

6) Five books you would take to a desert island:
1. My one-volume edition of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
2. A Short History of Nearly Everything, by Bill Bryson
3. Something by Terry Pratchett
4. Whenever they come out with a single-volume edition of Harry Potter (an e-book, maybe?), that'll be on the list
5. The Lord of the Rings trilogy in one volume

Please note that these aren't necessarily very representative of my general reading habits, they're just the ones I can reread over and over again and still love. My ideal desert-island situation would be one where a speedboat would come every month or so and take me back to civilization where I could stock up on groceries and hit the library. In fact, that's sort of my ideal life situation.

7) Who are you going to pass this stick to, and why?
Everyone who reads my blog, because most of the people I'd tell about it in person have already done it.

And here's one I'm adding...
8. What haven't you read yet that you really want to?
So many I can't list them all, but I just read this article about Ruth Reichl's Garlic and Sapphires and I'm really looking forward to picking it up.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ian said...

"8. What haven't you read yet that you really want to?"

Borges. I've wanted to for years, but something has held me back. Fear I won't "get it", probably.

9:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home