Monday, May 21, 2007

I'm home from my first day of being a sort-of-lawyer in Kingston, NY, and so far I'm having fun! The office is very small and very relaxed (jeans are perfectly acceptable attire unless you're going to court), so there wasn't much to learn about policies and procedures. I spent a short time with the legal director learning about the major cases being handled right now, and then spent literally the rest of the day reading through the docket file and depositions for one of them. I can't say much about it, obviously, but it's a big class-action suit against a foie gras farm, and next week sometime we're going to actually go to the farm and do an inspection. I'm ridiculously excited about the chance to work on this case, not least because it involves some really egregious working conditions, and the whole reason I wanted to work here in the first place was to do whatever I could to make those situations right. So, I think I'm going to be very happy here.

The drive down yesterday was mostly uneventful, except that Malcolm took a thermonuclear dump in his carrier about an hour into the ride and then sat in it before I could pull over and clean it up. He consequently got a bath as soon as we got to Kingston, and he was decidedly not happy with me the rest of the night! I think he's forgiven me now, and at least he smells like guava shower gel instead of cat poo. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home