Tuesday, August 17, 2004

Well, holy shit. I managed to get everything I want to take to London (excepting Ian and the cats) into my two suitcases.

Of course, there's a crapload of stuff at home in Cleveland that's going to go with me, but my modus operandi for packing tonight was to a) go through stuff and b) if it looked remotely like I might need/want/use it, it went in. This packing technique will be refined before I actually fly to London, since my travelling mantra is "Don't pack anything you can't carry for a mile at a dead run." I don't follow this precisely, but I do tend to pack light. I got everything I needed for a one-week trip to North Carolina into my small red bag.

I'm still ripping CDs. I have 16 left to go, plus the one Ian's making for me to listen to on the plane. It still hasn't ceased to amaze me that I can get approximately 100 CDs into a thingy the size of a deck of cards. Thanks again, Mom and Pa... your birthday present to me is going to save me a hell of a lot of room!

Now, if they could only do the same thing with books...

(no, not really. I never got very fond of e-books, especially not for travel guides. It's all in the visuals.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home