Sunday, August 15, 2004

Things are shifting into gear. I've been spending the last couple of days ripping a whole bunch of CDs so I don't have to actually bring any to London with me, and tomorrow I'll start going through clothes to see what I'm going to pack. I've got my schedule of classes, which seems nice and light (Mondays 1-2:30, Wednesdays 9-11 and 2-4, and Thursdays 1-2:30 and 3-5, with a concert for my music class at 7 most weeks), and I'm Googling local amenities like internet cafes, tube stations, etc.

I found a branch of the RSPCA a 10-15 minute walk just down the road from where I'm staying, so I can get my kittyfix and help out some homeless pets at the same time. Yay! I was hoping to be able to find somewhere to volunteer nearby... this semester is going to essentially be a vacation for me (albeit an academically interesting one, the best in my opinion), but it's still going to feel damn weird not to be working. Volunteering should help that.

I still have a whole bunch of stuff to do before I leave, but I have most of the essentials dealt with. I fly out three weeks from today... I'm going to miss everyone here a hell of a lot (thanks again for all coming out to see me the other night! I had 25 people over here... in your face, Ian!), but I will be staying in touch through this site and through e-mail as much as humanly possible. I don't know how regular my net access will be, since I'm pretty sure I don't have it in the actual house where I'm staying, but rumour (i.e. Google) has it that there's a WiFi enabled café just down the road.

Excitement, excitement.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home