Saturday, May 15, 2004

Finally, a bit of news in keeping with the title of the blog. I've been thinking about where to go after exams in December, before I head back to North America. I want to go somewhere warm, and sunny, and preferably beachy.

So I was at work the other night, and because they've really cracked down on the acceptable internet use policies, 99% of the sites on the internet are now inaccessible to us poor tracers. However, anything on the U of G's website is deemed acceptable by the nanny software, so in between listening to phones ring I've been surfing the U of G site for the last week or so. Thursday night, I discovered the cache of back issues for @Guelph, one of our illustrious publications. That kept me entertained for a good couple of hours, especially the classifieds. There are usually rental ads in there, and this week's issue was no exception. One ad promised a two-bedroom fully furnished vacation cottage for rent.

On the French Riviera.

I e-mailed the author, got the information and some pictures, and the price is good. It remains to be seen whether the price is right, since I haven't even booked plane tickets to London yet. But a week, alone in a little house in Antibes as a graduation present to myself, sounds damn good.

I still haven't ruled out the Caribbean, though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home