Sunday, April 18, 2004

For those who don't know, I just got back from a trip to Ithaca, NY, to visit Cornell's law school. I loved it, and if Cornell decides not to let me in, I will be very unhappy. Ithaca is just heart-stoppingly beautiful, as is the Cornell campus.



Just up and to the left of the bridge in the picture is the law school. No, that picture doesn't do it justice.

It's the hilliest place I've ever been, and living there would kick thirty pounds of lard off my ass in short order, especially considering that the only fast food in town is way up on the north side fifteen minutes from anywhere else. I love a town that keeps the chain stores on the fringes where they belong.

Cornell's law school is extremely well-equipped, the students are relaxed and friendly, and after my first year I could have the opportunity to work in a legal aid clinic run by the school and actually represent clients in court. There's an abundance of rental housing in town, all of it well-maintained, close to campus, and pet-friendly. The downtown area is partly blocked off for pedestrians, and Ithaca has more independent bookstores per capita than anywhere else in North America. Did I mention it's amazingly beautiful? Plus, there's the whole snob appeal of the Ivy League thing.

I really, really hope they let me in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home